Pages

Sunday, June 14, 2015

2015 Moleskine academic planner

After many years and many planners, I've finally found a process that works for me. However, I've been playing around with different organizers: Moleskine and an A5 Traveler's Notebook (TN) from LeatherPlannersPlus on Etsy. During the school year, I used a large squared Moleskine journal that I customized. I find that academic planners just don't have what I need to keep track of everything for teaching.

The first thing I do when I get a new planner is customize it! For example, I glue in end papers and an additional bookmark.


Next, I set up my monthly calendars. I've seen them drawn as a regular calendar, but I find that this works better for me:


Then, I set up my weekly pages. It took me a little bit of experimenting to find what works for me.
You see that I have my weekly task list on the left, including the weekly quotation that I put on the board for students. On the right, I have daily notes. This is usually where I write my lesson plan...very brief I know. I keep a blog for my students, and those daily blog posts are much more detailed, so I don't really need to write it down in a planner. I also use the daily notes to keep track of things that students need. I can't remember everything and it's really important for me to write things down.

I'm still in the process of setting up my TN, so when I get it how I want it, I'll post pictures.

What do you use to keep yourself organized?

No comments:

Post a Comment